35 Riverwalk Way #115
Goal Although I’ve worked in education primarily for the last several years, I also pursued my Business Management Bachelor’s degree at Granite State College and wish to apply for work that is more in line with this degree. During the last few years I worked in education the student population was decreasing and I need to work in a business that has a more stable and predictable need for my work. My earliest work was in Accounting (see CV details). While my experience for many years was in Education. Along the way, I worked in Barnes and Noble, part time week nights and weekends, for a few years, first in Manchester, NH, then in Nashua. Other cashier experience was at the Cider Mill in Amherst, NH, part time while my daughters were in school. I’ve also assisted a local business owner of a convenience, and assisted with his bank reconciliations, In addition. I helped a friend set up QuickBooks for Prine Systems, a local computer refurbishing and resale business, which has since moved to Jacksonville, FL, although I keep in touch my friend Joan, there. She needed assistance with payroll setup and monthly bank reconciliations as well as she has macular degeneration, but was involved in the business to the extent possible. Given the right opportunity such as the one at this company, I would enjoy the opportunity to learn a new job, and believe my flexible and varied background will bring a unique set of skills to any work I engage in.
EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
10 2016 Varsity Tutors, Online and In-Person tutor for math.
7 2016 – Title I Math, Paraeducator for Math.
Working this summer at Souhegan High School in their Title I program for Math. This work is with students with goals identified by SMI testing for students entering Grades 9 to 12 as well as working with students who need to improve SAT scores in Math.
2.98-June 2016 Paraeducator, Special Education Tutor, Math Department, Souhegan High
School, Amherst, NH.
Souhegan High School, a member of the Coalition of Essential Schools, is a school of inclusion. Students work in heterogeneous classrooms with support as needed. My job is to develop and implement problem solving and learning strategies that achieve academic objectives of students with challenging needs, abilities and learning styles. I work in math classrooms and in Learning Commons (formerly the Math Lab). I also tutor within the Special Education Department.
- Provide in class support for Common Core I and II and III students.
- Provide instruction for small group of PreCommon Core students in consultation with math department and teacher of record.
- Provide one-on-one and group tutoring/ instruction to high school and middle school students with challenging needs, abilities and learning styles, including learning disabilities, emotional needs, autism, and ESOL.
- Implement students’ IEP goals under the direction of case managers, classroom teachers and math specialist and provide learning narratives for student progress reports.
- Develop self-assessments for students that engage them in meeting their own goals and increase their use of new strategies.
- Provide a history of the effort, engagement or behaviors of students during tutoring sessions.
1998-2011 Private Tutor for students with all levels and abilities through Pre-Calculus
Created professional tutoring service in response to teacher requests for
- Provided extensive, one-on-one tutoring to students based on individual needs in both high school and middle school subjects, SAT or ACT preparation practice, and organizational skills.
1995-1998 Learning Disabilities Assistant, Amherst Middle School, Amherst, NH.
- Provided classroom support for teachers’ programs at all grade levels in all subject areas except art and physical education.
- Utilized a wide variety of teaching styles and effective classroom management practices acquired through classroom observation and experience.
- Developed my own teaching tools and augmented various classroom tools.
EXPERIENCE IN ACCOUNTING
1970 to 1979
- Harland Holt Insurance Agency, Milford, NH. Full charge bookkeeper.
- Marsh McLennan Management Company, Boston, MA. Budgetary accountant.
- Kendall Sports Division, Colgate-Palmolive, Wellesley, MA. Consolidations accountant.
- Acco Crafts Division, ACCO, Waltham, MA. Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger.
- Scott Brown Construction, Milford NH. Consultant, Payroll Service.
- Prine Systems, Amherst, NH. Consultant, Payroll (QuickBooks).
2015 On an Eligbilibility Plan Alt IV for Math Middle School with the State of NH. Submitted an IPDP May 2015, with State of NH, for Middle School Mathematics. Completed all IPDP requirements, pending final approval for these components; however the State has requested that I am hired as a classroom teacher for at least 50% of the time to complete their requirements, May 25, 22015. Passed Praxis for Middle and High School Mathematics, and M-Tel for Massachusetts for Middle School Mathematics.
2015 Online Calculus Course, Southern New Hampshire University, Nashua, NH. This course fulfilled requirement for IPDP for Alternative IV.
2015 Completed a 100 hour Certificate in TESOL/CEFL with Oxford Seminars at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
2014 BA, Business Management, Granite State College, Nashua, NH.
2014 ESL Mathematics for Secondary Level Learner, TESOL online.
2011 Praxis II Math Tests for middle and high school teachers, exams normally taken as part of recognition for highly qualified math teachers.
1991 Notre Dame College, Manchester, NH. Major: Intro to Learning Disabilities.
1989 Rivier College, Nashua, NH. Elementary Education SS.
1979 Accounting Certificate, Bentley College, Waltham, MA.
CLEP credits: Micro/Macro Economics, French I and II, Business Law. (Multiple additional CLEP exams as part of Bachelor’s Degree including College Algebra,
Statistics, Psychology, Science).
Medical Billing and Coding Certificates, Penn Foster, Pittsburgh, PA.
2015 Trained to train tutors for ABE Summer 2015 through Mass Literacy and MVLP.
2015 to present.
2016 June to July – 18 hour Training of Adult Basic Literacy tutors, trained 13 volunteers.
2015 October to November – 18 hour Training of Adult Basic Literacy tutors, trained 6 volunteers.
2014 to present
Volunteer for Adult Basic Literacy for MVLP at Pollard Library in Lowell, Ma, tutoring
2 Adult learners for ESOL and 1 for ABE.